Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So Ugly it is Cute?

If I don't get some things done around my yard and office I'm going to have one sorry winter and my hubby might ground me from the computer, which is most definitely justified. I feel like if I get everything done outside, then I can have an enjoyable and relaxing winter. The problem is that I actually have to do the work. I can't just sit around and gaze into blogland or Pinterest... and let's not forget the children... who is actually watching them or better yet, taking care of their needs? Not sure, I'm on the *%$# computer. (on a side note... the best part of posting on this blog is that it cleans up my language a little... fortunate for the reader I guess, although most are probably adults... haha okay, all of my 12 readers are probably adults.) Anyhow, I do have one of the biggest potty mouths, but that is my one and only flaw....lmao! Uh oh, now I got myself started... okay okay I'm rambling and I promise to keep this blog G rated from now on.
This lovely little wreath pictured below is the first one I have ever made. Not sure I like it but I did make it myself, and sometimes that is all that matters. I got the basic design style from K.I.S.S and that can be seen HERE. I think burlap is a great material for fall. I'm still staring at the picture trying to decide if its cute or ugly? Stylish? I don't know... I didn't want to use traditional fall colors because that is so last season... hahaha... You can't sense my sarcasm via text but I'm quite the smart alick... and I shouldn't even be allowed to use the phrase, "so last season," considering I still have clothes hanging in my closet from high school... oh, and I wear them!
Ugly or cute, doesn't really matter... I like it! I made the entire thing out of recycled or upcycled items. The flowers used to be maternity shirts and centers were old earrings. The yellow and gold embellishment was on a hair comb that I painted. The burlap I had on hand and I covered up an old ugly wreath that had seen better days. Happy Fall Ya'll!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

It's funny how blogging does clean up your language! The wreath looks fab, love those flowers.

Unknown said...

Felting flowers is all the rage this season. I've yet to try it but I'm all up for re-using and recycling! Thanks for sharing!

Tausha said...

there is nothing better than recycling what you have and making it better! Love the wreath!
Your post made me laugh.

Have a happy weekend!

Tausha
sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

I love it, particularly how you twisted the flowers! Very, very cute!

Tiffany said...

Having trouble leaving comments on other blogs? Try changing the settings so that the comments are in the form of a pop-up. I'm having trouble leaving comments on blogs with embedded posts.
ladycrafer14

Kitty B said...

Not ugly at all!!! I'd love for you to link up to this weeks Saturday Show-off!
http://threeyearsofdeath.blogspot.com/2011/09/saturday-show-off-link-up-4.html

Nancy said...

I like it! I am a huge burlap fan and recycling things is the best. I am your newest follower. I would love it if you hopped over to my blog and said "hi".

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I think it is adorable and it's great that you used so many items you already had. Great work! I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

Definitely CUTE! Great job!

Katie said...

I love how it looks!! The ruffles and the rosettes are great! I featured you today!!

http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/09/five-feature-friday-10-fall-style.html