Thursday, September 29, 2011

The How to on Eye Sparkle

I have an obsession with eye popping photos. I was babysitting my cousins little girl the other day and couldn't stop staring at her eyes. They are so blue and beautiful. I just HAD to photograph her so I could play around in my photo editor. I love making the eyes sparkle in photographs and only recently found out it was a photoshop technique. (Plus I never really got too excited because all of my children have such brown eyes that the sparkle techinque isn't that obvious....blue eyed children are much more fun and worthwile to edit)
Thanks to that darn time-waster called Pinterest I have found endless tutorials on photo editing. The post by Ree at the Pioneer Woman was super helpful for photoshop users.

Above it pretty little Olivia... below is after adjusting the curves and levels and of course Ree's technique of sparkling eyes.


If you don't have photoshop but do have some sort of photo editing software that you don't know how to use (lol, still not sure I know how to use mine) You can go to YouTube and search eye sparkle tutorial for Paintshop Pro (or whatever software you have)... good luck!

1 comment:

Rachael C said...

I got photoshop elements last year and still have not taken the time to sit down and figure out how to use it! Should I come out for a weekend to visit so you can show me? :) Maybe we should meet in Kearney and do a weekend without kids! :)

I just try to work really hard at nailing my focus on the eyes. But I think learning it in photoshop would be much more convenient.