Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Girl Nebraska Outfit.... Skirt and Appliqued Onesie Tutorial

Last weekend the Huskers were struggling to dominate Washington's Football team. Saturday morning I woke up and decided to make the baby something to show her team spirit... because if you live in Nebraska, your mood is determined by the success of the Nebraska Cornhusker Football team. This is no Joke! We have no other major sport's team to follow... there isn't a single pro team in the state... and the stadium in Lincoln on game days would be the third largest town in the state... It is a BIG deal here.... anyhow, the baby needed her first Husker outfit and so I began. I was gonna save this little number until we actually had somewhere to go, but since the first half looked awful I had to put it on her, and it worked. We (the Huskers, there is tremendous ownership to this team in this state) really picked it up a notch in the second half and looked much better!
There is no need for me to reinvent the wheel or anything... a few others had amazing tutorials on appliqueing and this simple skirt. So if you are needing some team spirit or feel like creating... click the tutorials at the bottom of the page.

For a great Applique Tutorial click HERE.
For the easiest DIY skirt tutorial click HERE.
Thanks for visiting Ladycrafter14... I would love for newbie's to follow me on Pinterest or
check out some of my other Tutorials... and one last thing...
GO HUSKERS!

2 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

What an adorable outfit!!!!! I hope she wears it again on Saturday when our Huskers take on Wyoming!!!!!!!!!!!! GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara @ Mom Endeavors said...

Oh my goodness, how fun to find you!!!! The outfit is adorable and I especially love it because we are HUGE Husker fans!!!! :) My husband and I met at school in Lincoln! And, since we love watching our Huskers and college football so much, I started a weekly feature and college football link party! :) I'd love to have you stop by and link this up!
http://www.momendeavors.com/2011/10/college-football-saturday-tailgate-football-wreath-huskers-style.html