Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday's Recipe...Black Bean Salsa

Black Bean Salsa... YUMMY!

So easy... and so Good!
I make mine a little different sometimes depending on what I have on hand. The dressing always stays the same though. In the summer it is fun to put fresh garden produce in this and in the winter I usually just use stuff out of a can because the produce quality isn't that great. Doesn't matter... this is a hit every time!!!


Recipe:
1 can golden sweet corn (15 oz.)
1 can black beans (15 oz.)
1 can mexicorn (11 oz.)
1 tomato (diced bite size, I prefer Roma)
1 red bell pepper (diced bite size)
1/2 cucumber (diced bite size)
Dressing:
1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Directions:
I throw in all the veggies and then build my dressing right on top of that. Stir until well combined and then refrigerate for an hour or so. Before serving I drain the excess liquid and put in an entertaining-friendly serving dish. Serve with scoop tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

What a delicious dip recipe. I love that it has the red wine vinegar in it. I am going to have to try this soon. Thanks for coming by to share! Have a great weekend.
Katie