Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Freezer Paper Stencil Tutorial... with Cuteness!

I love to attempt original photos of my children. When I became pregnant a 4th time and realized I was going to have 4 children, six and under I was definitely overwhelmed but knew it would make the cutest card:) haha... that must make me completely insane! Most people stress about affording another child and things of that nature (I leave the worrying up to the hubs). I worry about things like making sure their are equal number of photos of each child hanging on the wall and making sure I take each one individually to Disney on Ice... you know important stuff like that:)

I have done another post on freezer paper stenciling, you can view HERE. This one is more or less the same thing:) I just can't get enough freezer paper stenciling... you need Freezer Paper, a pattern, knife, mat, textile medium, craft paint, and iron. With the pattern taped to the mat, cover with a piece of freezer paper, shiny side down and tape the freezer paper down as well.

Using the knife, carefully cut around your pattern, creating a stencil out of the freezer paper.

You will need to heat the iron without steam. WITHOUT is important. Mix your paint and textile medium. (The textile medium is sold at craft stores and allows you to wash your garment.) The recipe is two parts paint, one part textile medium.

You will want to take a blank piece of freezer paper and placing it shiny side up, gently iron it to the inside of the shirt so your paint doesn't bleed through. Once you have that in place, lay your stencil down where you wish to place it and then carefully iron the freezer paper stencil onto your garment, shiny side down... this creates a temporary bond.
Take a paint brush and paint on your paint in one thick even coat. Allow this to sit 1 minute... make sure the entire area is covered.
Very carefully pull off the stencil. Allow the paint to dry overnight or at least 6 hours.
Just for fun I wanted to trace mine in glitter.
The bottle said it would hold up in the washer but not the case. However it still made for cute pictures.
So cute... so easy! BTW... the plain white tees came from Hobby Lobby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
There are so many choices out there that I'm completely confused .. Any recommendations? Kudos!

My web blog; click here