Friday, April 29, 2011

DIY Decor with Flower Balls... and tutorial

I'm on a mission to post some of my "winter crafts." We did lots of remodeling this winter and since I couldn't clean I turned to crafting... which lead to blogging. These flower balls were one of my first finds in blog land and they are courtesy of House of Smith's... love that blog! Hopefully there are only a handful of days left inside... after that... and a 4th child of course... I may not keep up... until then I'll post my heart out! ... and it beats laundry, dishes, cleaning...ect.Place one or two of these anywhere... on a shelf, on the fridge, as a centerpiece... you can't go wrong... And thrift stores usually have oodles of candlestick holders, or if you are like me, go into your storage and pull out wedding gifts from 7 years ago:) I knew there was a reason I chose to keep them instead of re-gifting them:) lol...
Visit the link below to get the full tutorial on these beauties. All you need is crepe paper, hot glue, Styrofoam balls, and lots of patience... (I also saw a tutorial where someone used wiffle balls instead of Styrofoam which isn't a bad idea because I had to order mine from Hobby Lobby) Dollar stores have crepe paper and wiffle balls though... okay enough...Thank you House of Smiths for the great Tutorial
Come back soon... follow me... stay and take a look around... I have some great new posts in the works...
Click Here for a free mother's day printable.

Linking up to...
I Heart Naptime
Stories of A to Z
Simply Designing

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I love the colors you picked!

Abby said...

super cute! Like the colors

Unknown said...

I adore the crepe paper roses. I did some too, in the beginning of my blogging! LOL!! I am getting ready to make crepe paper roses and put them on initials for my girls. Should be fun!!
~Terry

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

These are stunning! They would make great centerpieces for a bridal shower. Love the colors you picked.

Jennifer said...

These are so pretty! A simple way to add a little color and fun. Thanks for sharing!

Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Two Sides of the Rainbow said...

I have a few short crystal candle stick holders from my wedding that I've never used. This would be a great idea!!

Miss Charming said...

What a great centerpiece! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

These are very cute!

I host a weekly Friday link party I would love you to join if you are interested.

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

they are all so pretty! and the stands are gorg too, they show your craft off so well! :)

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/05/your-whims-wednesday-5-and-features.html

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

These are SOOO pretty!
Simple & Elegant! xo

:D Lynda

Katie said...

Ahh! I absolutely LOVE these! I'm your newest follower! I'd love if you linked up to Sew Woodsy and join in on my link party!

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

I love these! The colors are gorgeous! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party! It lasts all week!

Have a good weekend!

Michelle @ The Lazy Novice SAHM said...

I'm visiting from Somewhat Simple. They are beautiful! I especially love the blue one, thanks for sharing!

Maria Matter said...

these are so pretty!!

Kelsey @ trialandstyle.com said...

Oh my goodness! I made hundreds of fabric flowers for my wedding and after the wedding I made them into flower balls, and have been looking for a place or idea of how to display them! You ROCK :) Wooowee!